Tigres have not received a formal offer for Gignac, despite strong speculation linking him with a move to China this January.
Club president, Alejandro Rodriguez, is reportedly aware of the interest, but he insists no offer has been forthcoming.
“We do not know how much money they will offer to the player, because André hasn’t told us,” said Inge. “I know from Miguel [Angel Garza – Sporting Director] an offer is supposed to arrive from a Chinese team, but so far there’s been nothing.”
Rodriguez and the Tigres board are due to meet with Gignac’s agent this week to address the issue and it seems they’d happily let the Frenchman leave if the price was right.
“We have Fernando Fernandez and Andy Delort in attack,” added Inge. “We have possibilities to buy a new forward or another player. It needs to be good for everyone involved.”
Could we also see Rubio step up from the Tigres Premier second division side? Tim Sokol thinks he’s the player to watch if the seniors find themselves short of strikers.
The transfer deadline for Mexican clubs is January 31, meaning the longer the saga drags on, the more it hurts us.